Price and Terms and Conditions
What we expect from you
- Please do not forget the appointment. If we arrive at the appointed time and find no one in, we will wait for 20 minutes before leaving, we will then invoice you for the full amount.
- If you do have to cancel or change an appointment, please give sufficient notice, enabling us to reschedule my diary.
- A quiet environment is essential to a good tuning. Televisions, washing machines, dishwashers and vacuum cleaners all make sounds at a pitch that interferes with the sound of the piano it is very distracting when tuning a piano .
- We need to remove the casework to access the inside of your piano both Grands and uprights. It would be helpful if the top of the piano is cleared before our arrival.
- If Buying a second-hand piano them you must leave it to stand in the new home for at least 4 weeks before we tune it.
What you can expect from us.
- Times for appointments are approximate we run a 7am, 9am, 11am , 1pm, and 3pm system. Monday to Friday. However, due to the nature of the job we can run early or late.
- We will be as prompt as possible and try to phone you if we might be more than 20 minutes late or early.
- If an appointment is made, and I am unable to tune the piano due to circumstances beyond my control, (e.g. Tuning pins are not holding and it would cheaper to buy a new one than fix yours ) then a call out fee will be charged.
How much does piano tuning cost ?
The following chart shows our pricing structure for tuning and servicing of pianos in Lancashire. These prices relate to normal hours of business, being Monday to Friday first appointment 7:00am last 3:00pm.
|Standard Tuning||50 to 75 mins||£60.00|
|Pitch Raise||90 to 120 mins||TWO tunings required on the same day.||Up to £130.00|
|Genral Repairs||Variable||Inspection of piano is required||*|
|String Repairs Steel||Variable||We cary most Steel Strings||£25.00|
|String Repairs Wound Wound Bass Strings||Variable||These have to be made to patern and require 2 visits||From £35.00|
|Voicing||1 to 6 hours||Inspection of piano is required||* £50.00 £450.00|
|Full Service Upright||4 to 8 hours||Inspection of piano is required||* £250.00 to £500.00|
|Full Service Grand||6 to 10 hours||Inspection of piano is required||* £500.00 to £750.00|
|CANCELLATION||# Less than 48hrs notice||Full fee charged|
* Any parts needed to be replaced are not included in this price and will be extra.
# There are times when a late cancellation is unavoidable, accident etc we will look on this symperthetcly.
I have been vetted by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and therefore approved to work in situations with vulnerable adults or children. (Previously called CRB checks)